April 17, 2010
Yummy… I do not know how I could forgot to mention one of the best pancakes out there. You have all probably heard about Crepes or as we call it Thin Pancakes. This ones are my favorite because they are easy to make and you can lots of them before feeling full. And what makes thin pancakes so special you may wonder? Well, first of all they are thin compared to pancakes that you eat usually, and second, you have a great diversity of toppings to choose from because the pastry has neutral taste that can be combined with almost every flavor.
So wait no more and follow this Thin Pancake Recipe to make your very first Crepe aka. Thin Pancake.
Thin pancake recipe
Source of this recipe is http://www.homemade-pancakes.com/thin-pancake-recipe
Ingredients that you need for thin pancakes:
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Pinch of salt
Thin pancakes Recipe (step-by-step):
- Take a small saucepan and warm the milk and butter until the butter melts.
- Next, use food processor with a steel blade and process the flour and salt together. While processing, pour the milk mixture and eggs, then continue to mix till it the pasture is blended.
- Pour the batter into the bowl and let it rest for 25-30 min.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the hot non-stick skillet. With a large spoon, pour two big tablespoons of batter to the pan. Carefully spread butter to the edges.
- When you notice that the batter is becoming brown just flip the pancakes with a spatula. The other side will cook faster than the first side so be careful.
- Remove the pancake from a pan and put on a plate.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter untill you have a plate full of delicious thin pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with desired dip and filling.
I hope this Thin Pancake Recipe was instructive enough to show you how to make your very own Thin pancakes with a little effort.
Enjoy your meal and make sure to bookmark this page in case you forget the recipe 😉
December 5, 2009
If you are looking for delicious homemade pancakes recipe, you have found a good one. These homemade cinnamon oatmeal pancakes are fluffy, tasty and sweet. You can serve these pancakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. You will need only abbot 30 minutes to prepare the batter and cook them. It is not too long and the effect is amazing. To prepare homemade cinnamon oatmeal pancakes you will need few basic ingredients such as egg, flour and milk and of course oats and spices such as cinnamon.
If you are making pancakes for the first time, it is good to remember about using two separate bowls to mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Moreover, I always use only fresh ingredients. It is very important if you want to prepare tasty pancakes every time. Another thing to bear in mind is not to over mix the batter. So do not use an electric mixer. It is good to whisk batter with a fork or with a spoon. Cooking pancakes is rather easy, but when doing this, it is also good to know about one simple rule: do not flip pancakes more than once, if you do not want them to become rubbery. Well, I guess that is all. Here is the recipe for the homemade cinnamon oatmeal pancakes:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make cinnamon oatmeal pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour flour mix into egg and milk mix and whisk until combined.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and brush it with butter.
- When frying pan is hot enough pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook again for about 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and with desired topping.
November 3, 2009
Homemade Pumpkin pancakes are sweet and tasty. They are easy to make and you will need only basic ingredients such as flour, eggs, sugar, milk etc. and of course pumpkin to make these delicious pancakes.
Pancakes made from scratch are better in taste and they can be more nutritious than those made from a mix (one cool from scratch recipe is here). You may think more delicious… ok! But why also healthier? The answer is simple. When you are making pancakes from scratch, you can always control which ingredients you add to them. And instead of sugar you can put some sweetener to make them lower in calories and you can always substitute whole wheat flour with some oats and coconut flour. The result is that you have delicious pancakes with fewer calories, which are healthier. Here is the recipe for these delicious homemade pumpkin pancakes:
- 1-1/4 cups non-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
How to make pumpkin pancakes:
- In one bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, and oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Do not over mix the batter; it can have some lumps reaming.
- Then, pour the ginger ale and mix again gently.
- Let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium high heat and brush it with few drops of oil.
- When frying pan is hot enough, pour about ¼ cup of the batter on the surface of the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes on one side for about 2-3 minutes and then flip.
- Cook again for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm and with desired topping.
TIP 1: For more pancake recipes you can also visit http://thepancakerecipe.com/
TIP 2: One more thing that you can make from pumpkins is pumpkin bread, there are a few nice recipes for it if you follow the link.
October 4, 2009
Recently I came up with brilliant idea, I was thinking about Nutella filled crepes, which sound so tempting, and then I thought: why don’t I make some American- style pancakes with Nutella. And it was a good decision. Pancake batter is very adaptable and just about any ingredient can be worked into it, and I simply added chocolate- hazelnut spread ingredient to my pancakes.
To top the pancakes, I usually use maple syrup but you can as well top them with chocolate syrup, which is also very delicious. If you want to make pancakes more nutritious, you can serve them with fruits such as banana, strawberries, blueberries or cherries (learn more about the health benefits of fruits on juicebenefits.net).
And if you have a picky eater at home, I am almost sure, your kid will enjoy these pancakes with chocolate chips which you can add to the batter. For Nutella Pancakes I use buttermilk instead of milk as I consider buttermilk pancakes to be more airy and lighter. Remember that it is good to set the batter aside for few minutes before cooking so that baking soda and baking powder will perform their magic and make the pancakes airier.
Here is the recipe for delicious homemade Nutella Pancakes:
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Nutella
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make Nutella Pancakes:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Nutella and egg. When combined, beat in buttermilk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Set the batter aside for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle over medium-high heat and brush it with few drops of oil.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the frying pan.
- Cook the pancake on one side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip the pancake and again cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and with desired syrup.
September 9, 2009
Pancakes are a great breakfast idea- loved by kids and grown ups alike, homemade pancakes are very easy to make. A Pancake is a thin flat cake made by pouring batter onto a hot greased flat pan, and cooking it on both sides. The best thing about pancakes is that they can be made very easily in a short frame of time.
With a little care and practice, you can even match the quality of some world famous pancakes such as pancake house. Not just breakfast but even at other times of the day pancakes can be had and since they’re usually combined with honey or maple syrup, they give you an instant burst of energy to get going.
The batter from which pancakes are made generally contains eggs and milk, but for the vegans, like every other dish, vegan pancakes are available too. Homemade pancakes are tasty, sumptuous, healthy and convenient to make- all the makings of a great breakfast idea.
Pancakes are mostly made by chemical leavening, while sometimes they are made from batter that is fermented. A quick bread formula, which is the simplest to follow at home is as follows:
Mix together 1 and a half cups of flour, two teaspoons of baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar(elective) and half/one tablespoon salt. To this mixture, add an egg and one and a half cup milk. Mix well and remove large lumps if any. Now set your skillet or griddle to an optimum heating temperature. Take sizeable portions of the batter to place on the skillet- each portion should make a single pancake. Wait until bubbles start to appear on the top and then turn over and fry the other side of the pancake. When you’re done, use your creativity to decorate the surface with blueberries, raspberries or chips of banana.
August 24, 2009
Welcome to our homemade pancakes blog. I bet, you love eating pancakes for your breakfast, specially on a Saturday morning. I do, and that’s why I created this blog. Here, I want to share with you, what I know about cooking pancakes. I present my favorite, quick and tasty pancake recipes.
Pancakes, when properly made, are extra light, almost nothing in your mouth. Covered with syrup, they taste even more delicious. There are so many tips and tricks to make homemade pancakes taste differently every time. It is a never-ending quest.
In the past, I used to make my pancakes from mix, but my family didn’t enjoy eating them. I decided to make pancakes from scratch when my first baby was 6 years old. I realized that I can make better pancakes and that I can control which ingredients I use. I always try to make my homemade pancakes more nutritious. Sometimes I don’t add sugar to them, the other time I add some raspberries or blueberries to the batter. I love adding flavor to my pancakes, specially with Cinnamon or Vanilla extract. A little sugar free syrup and a medley of fruit make pancake healthy and tasty meal for anyone who doesn’t want to much of sugary things.
You can try many variations of pancakes. Every culture has its own unique recipe for the basic homemade pancake. I really like French crepes or potato latkes (What are latkes? Check here and here). Savory pancakes are excellent when you want something different. You can serve pancakes sweet as a dessert or fill it with ground meat, cheese, vegetables and spices and serve it as a lunch or dinner. Or make a wrap, put some spinach and cream cheese on a pancake and roll it.
As you see, there are really many ways to prepare your homemade pancakes. All you have to know, is how to make the perfect batter using some tricks. Everything else depends on your taste and creativity.
Here, you will find the best pancake recipes and some tips which will help you while cooking. I hope you enjoy your homemade pancakes.